|AUDITIONS FOR THE 2012 - 2013 SEASON
Saturday, March 9, 2013
1 PM to 4 PM
Sandy Actors Theatre
14733 Meinig Ave. (behind Ace Hardware)
Sandy, OR 97055
The Sunshine Boys, by Neil Simon
Directed by Berta Limbaugh
A classic by the king of Broadway comedy. Two aging vaudevillians who haven’t
spoken for 40 years, attempt a grudging reunion for a TV special. The upshot is a
flood of memories, miseries, and, most of all, laughs.
“Another hit for Simon in a shrewdly balanced, splendid and rather touching slice
of the show biz life.” – New York Daily News
All roles available:
Callbacks (if necessary): Monday, March 11, 2013
- Willie Clark-- Cantankerous, but lovable, former vaudeville and radio entertainer.
Shabby, scattered, stuck in his ways, but at the same time, hilarious and endearing.
- Al Lewis-- Willie’s former vaudeville partner; estranged from Willie because he left the
“act” for family, solitude, and “normal” society. Age: 70’s
- Ben Silverman-- Willie’s nephew, agent, and only relation. Caring and faithful, but
frustrated with Willie’s obstinacy. Age: 30’s--40’s
- Young Nurse-- Attractive and voluptuous, but a little slow on the uptake. Age: 20’s
- Older Nurse-- No-nonsense, sharp-tongued, and full of “attitude”. Willie has met his
match in her. Age: 40’s-60’s
- Eddie/Patient-- Assistant Director for Willie and Al’s TV reunion show. Frazzled and
overwhelmed. Doubles as Patient in TV comedy sketch. Age: 20’s-40’s
- Voices (offstage) – TV Director, Announcer, TV Voice–-- Strong, commanding, and
able to vary for characterization
Rehearsals begin the week of April 14, 2013
Performance Dates: May 31, 2012 – June 23, 2013
NOTE: Auditions will be cold readings from the scripts. However, headshots, resumes, and/or
monologues are welcome, but not required. (If you have a prepared monologue, you will be given
the opportunity to share it as an additional basis for consideration.) All are welcome and no
experience is necessary.
We also are recruiting crew positions. If interested in these areas, please attend the auditions.
Sandy Actors Theatre provides limited stipends to all cast and crew to cover expenses (travel, etc.)
For additional information, please email Berta Limbaugh or leave a message at Sandy Actors Theatre -- 503 668-6834 -- your call will be returned.
|Copyright © 2009-2012 Sandy Actors Theatre, a 501(c)3 organization. All Rights Reserved. Legal Information.
Artwork by Becky Hawley - funded in part by the Clackamas County Cultural Coalition and the Oregon Cultural Trust.
Websystem design and hosting provided by WolfPk.